Sunday, February 4, 2018 - 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Location: Buttons and Bolts Fabric & Quilting Supply, 27642 75th Street, Salem,WI, 53168
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner (cutting and piecing knowledge)
Cost is: $30.00
Seats Available : 3
Minimum 3; Maximum 8
All registrations must be paid in full prior to confirmation of registration
Learn to make this intricate looking Lover’s Knot block to create a table runner or bed runner. Our new instructor, Bethany, will take you through the steps of her design so that you can piece Y-seams with ease. Once you have mastered the technique, continue with more blocks. The possibilities are endless!
- 2 Fabrics for “Knot”—3/8 yard of each (2 FQ’s of each color will work also) Both fabrics can be the same value, i.e. two darks, or two medium values. Or choose complementary colors such as Red and Green
- 1 Background fabric—3/4 yard If using dark/med-dark knot colors, choose a light background
- Coordinating thread
Binding and Backing yardages (we’ll only be making the top in class)
- 3/8 yard for binding
- 1 ¾ yards backing (continuous length) the extra width would be enough to provide binding cut LOF.
- Working sewing machine
- Quilting ruler(s) 6 ½” x 12 ½” recommended, a smaller ruler such as a 2 ½” x 6” will help with the smaller subcutting
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Seam Ripper
- Small iron and portable ironing surface is very helpful if you have them
- Fine point marking pen/pencil such as Frixon (I use a plain mechanical pencil)
- Marilee’s Numbered Pins or small Post-It tabs to number and keep track of individual blocks. There are 5 different blocks per Lover’s knot block.
Or to cancel your registration: (Note-Cancellation received within 48 hours are non-refundable)